Thread: LIBEA32_0.9.6l.dll not found

albertd Guest

Default LIBEA32_0.9.6l.dll not found

I have just installed the Free Zone Labs Firewall and when I switch on the computer the following message appears:- "This application has failed to start because LIBEAY32_0.9.6l.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."As far as I can make out, the program appears to be protecting my computer. I should be grateful if someone can explain what has happened. I haven't tried to re-install the application because, as I have said, it seems to be working well.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: LIBEA32_0.9.6l.dll not found

This DLL is associated with the IM Secure feature in ZASS. If you don't use that feature, then everything else should work fine. The only way I know to solve the missing DLL problem is through a fresh install. If you choose to do this, uninstall ZASS this way first. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

albertd Guest

Hello Bill,Many thanks for your interest in this.The fresh install procedure sounds a bit complicated; soI will avoid it, if possible. Could you let me know briefly what the IM

albertd Guest

Hello Bill,I was cut off then. I don't know what happened.To continue, could you let me know brieflywhat the IM Secure feature does? It's probably likely that I don't use it, in which case I'll leave it as it is. If so, is there any way of stopping the 'LIB not found' message coming up whenever I switch on the computer?Many thanks again for your interest.Albert,London, England

billc Guest

The IM Secure feature in ZASS protects you while using instant messengers like MSN Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger, etc. If you didn't know what IM was, my guess is you don't instant message folks. I do not use ZASS but rather ZAP which does not have the IM Secure feature so I'm not sure about my next suggestion. What I would do is go to the IM Secure tab in ZASS, open the Main panel, and see if you can turn off or disable that feature. My guess is that you can. If it is off, then ZASS should not 'look' for LIBEA32_0.9.6l.dll and perhaps the alerts will stop. Hopefully someone with ZASS will chime in about disabling IM Secure.

BTW, the instructions may seem difficult, but I think you will find it something you can do if you choose.

albertd Guest

Hello Bill,I decided to re-install; I must say with some trepidation, as I hate fiddling about with these programs. Your instructions in the first email were very clear and fairly easy to follow and, in fact, I quite enjoyed it as my confidence grew.I am pleased to say that the program appears to be working well, with no messages about things not being found.I am most grateful to you for your help.Albert,London, England

Thread Information