Thread: New network notification/request, all the time - ZA Suite 6.1.737

wingedwraith Guest

Default New network notification/request, all the time - ZA Suite 6.1.737

I use a ZyXEL router at home and this supplies my local machines with leased IPs in the 192.168.2.x 255.255.255.0 range. If I login via any of the machines ZA will always tell me its found a 'new' network and asks me to approve it and give it a trusted/internet status and a name. On all machines this is never remembered and it seems to want to ask again each time I connect to the network. This seems to be worse on the laptops where it can move between wired and wireless configurations (within the same DHCP assigned range, the wireless network is not a differing IP subset).Can someone tell me if this is a known bug in the current release as it's annoying mainly as it will not remember settings or names of the networks I keep giving it.Cheers,Neil

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

spoons Guest

Default Re: New network notification/request, all the time - ZA Suite 6.1.737

I also have this "new network" detection alert when the spyware program trys to run "Spy Sweeper" runs. I never had this issue with Norton security program. Can anyone help? I am running XP and have Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 6.0

billc Guest

There was an issue with this "new network" problem in an earlier version of ZA, but not in the one you're both using. It could be ZA does not 'remember' your network from boot to boot. Try resetting your database. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

wingedwraith Guest

Bill,Thanks, I have done what you suggested and it still seems to ask each time I move from Wired to wireless networks. As it's using the same DHCP server I guess ZA could be getting confused as the IP range is the same even though the transport is different. It would be good if a future release of ZA would allow these to be seperate entries in the database to stop this from happening.As long as I stay on one transport or the other ZA doesn't seem to mind.In the short term I have just clicked the option to automatically add the networks to the trusted selection as all I connect to are ok. All I'll have to remember to do is switch that off if I travel with the laptop.Neil

Thread Information