Thread: "Macros with an expired or revoked signature. Since you are running in High Security Mode, Macros Di

socalal Guest

Default "Macros with an expired or revoked signature. Since you are running in High Security Mode, Macros Di

I have been running XP- Pro with MS Office 2000 and protected by ZA Security Suite for going on two years. Within the last few weeks I cannot send a document to my printer from Word without receiving the error message that "This file containsmacros withan expired or revoked signature. And, since you are running in a High Security Mode, these macros have been disabled". ---- I went to MS.com and downloaded all the service packs and Security fixes. Still get the same error message. I deleted MS Office 2000, purchasedand installedMS Office 2003, and downloaded all the 2003 fixes and service packs from MS.com ---- Still get the same error message. I deleted and reinstalled my HP940C printer software, and still get the same error message.Any suggestions? Could something be set incorrectly in my Security Suite selections?--- Thanks, Socalal

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

arson Guest

Default Re: "Macros with an expired or revoked signature. Since you are running in High Security Mode, Macro

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>socalal wrote:
    I have been running XP- Pro with MS Office 2000 and protected by ZA Security Suite for going on two years. Within the last few weeks I cannot send a document to my printer from Word without receiving the error message that "This file containsmacros withan expired or revoked signature. And, since you are running in a High Security Mode, these macros have been disabled". ---- I went to MS.com and downloaded all the service packs and Security fixes. Still get the same error message. I deleted MS Office 2000, purchasedand installedMS Office 2003, and downloaded all the 2003 fixes and service packs from MS.com ---- Still get the same error message. I deleted and reinstalled my HP940C printer software, and still get the same error message.Any suggestions? Could something be set incorrectly in my Security Suite selections?--- Thanks, Socalal

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi socalal ...

It's been awhile since I've used any MS Office Products, whether 2000 or 20003,but I'm gonna give you my take on what's possibly going on with your situation ...

Since this situation of yours has only has been happening for a couple of weeks, I must assume you have been able to send documents to your printer without receiving any error messages before this, so I think your problem may not be with ZAISS, but with the way your Security levels and your Signature Certificates are handled in your Office product, which you have mentioned something about the Signatures being expired or revoked( butI can never say never though about it not being a ZAISS issue, but we'll see)... you may have to update your Certificates or create your own using certain tools provided with Office ... I personally don't now how to do this, because like I've mentioned above, it has been awhile since I've used any Office Product and I just don't remember all the nuances associated with it now, but I do know just a little bit ... anyway, here is a MS Office site that should give you a better understanding on what's going on with Office along with troubleshooting tips and tutorials showing you about the Signature Certificates and your Macro Security levels that may be causing your issue...

click &gt; http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...566281033.aspx

...alsothese links from Verisign will also check your Browserssecuity levels andcheck your systemscertificates (which interacts with Office), but I'm not quite sure if this will help alleviate your problem, but it's quick, simpleanditcan't hurt to try ...

click &gt; http://www.verisign.com/advisor/check.html and https://getca.verisign.com/ (do both of these checks)

I hope this helps, but if not, pleasereturn and either I or another forum member will gladly assist you further ... good luck ...

Arson D. Dragon

socalal Guest

Default Re: "Macros with an expired or revoked signature. Since you are running in High Security Mode, Macro

Thanks Arson,What's the old saying, "Even a blind pig finds the corn after a while." I went into my "Program control" settings in Zone Alarm Security Suite and found two .exe files with "X's" all the way across. Once I enabled them with check marks everything went back to normal. Thanks for the comments. ---- Socalal

arson Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>socalal wrote:
    Thanks Arson,What's the old saying, "Even a blind pig finds the corn after a while." I went into my "Program control" settings in Zone Alarm Security Suite and found two .exe files with "X's" all the way across. Once I enabled them with check marks everything went back to normal. Thanks for the comments. ---- Socalal
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to hear that socalal and your welcome... you can always file away that other info for future reference, just in case the blind pig can't find the corn next time ...

Arson D. Dragon

Thread Information