Thread: Hibernate Hangs

willemkorver Guest

Default Hibernate Hangs

Hello,I've got a problem when resuming from hibernate in Windows XP Pro SP2. When i try to resume from hibernate my laptop hangs when the white stripe on the bottom of the screen is completely full. I contacted the microsoft helpdesk and with the help of them we found out that it is Zonealarm which is the problem. Does anyone know a sollution for my problem? I think it must be a setting in zonealarm that is set wrong.Greetings,Willem

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Hibernate Hangs

See if this works: in tab firewall page main in internet zone security click custom. In the new window either in internet either in trusted, check 'allow outgoing DHCP/DNS'.
    Best regards

willemkorver Guest

Ad-Hock, Thank you very much for your fast response. Yoursolution for my problem worked out perfectly. Now I have a new question for you. By opening the ports you mentioned in your answer, does thishasany effecton the security level ofmy firewall? Thanks in advance.

ad_hock Guest

Hi willemkoerver
    You're welcome.I'm glad it worked.
    About your concern about security,you are not opening ports,allowing DHCP/DNS is only a way to easier the dialog with your DHCP for renewal of ip and with your DNS servers for the resolving of domains that is to change the URL into ip's.The ports remain stealth as you may confirm (if you are not behind a router or a modem with NAT)going to www.grc.com and doing the shields up test.What was happening before was that probably ZA was not recognizing the DNS requests and the ip's renewal.If you run a standalone computer insure the network ZA detected is placed in internet zone in firewall zones.
    Best regards

Thread Information