Thread: zone alarm starts XP crashes

turnerman Guest

Default zone alarm starts XP crashes

I'm using xp homesp2 and afterbeing forced to return settings on the comp by another programme I had to reload most programmes, zone alarm freeincluded - Problem is for some reason it causes xp to restart I tried some old ZAI had backed up on discand theZA on the site but it makes no difference the moment zone alarm starts xp restarts. I found one that started running and thought I had it sorted but just incaseunclicked the start up selection - Then started ZA after xp had completed start up and xp restarted again kust like on start up.please help if you can I need my Zone alarm back Thanks in advance

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: zone alarm starts XP crashes

Hi, I am a regular Zone Alarm user and perhaps I can help you. It sounds like to me you have a lot of old Zone Alarm files on your computer. Let's start out fresh. PLEASE follow these "EXACT INSTRUCTIONS" and post back the results. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. Now install a fresh copy of Zone Alarm. Thank you for your time and have a nice evening! SlyFox:8}
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information