Thread: ZA Pro Not Detected by Windows Security Center

brf1945 Guest

Default ZA Pro Not Detected by Windows Security Center

Hello. Windows Security Center is telling me that ZoneAlarm firewall is currently turned off. Windows Firewall is off, and ZA is currently running. Is there any way to fix this problem without telling Windows not to monitor it?

This Just Started today, did system restore; no joy there.

If I need to reinstall ZA Pro What is the correct procedure??

WIN XP Pro SP2
    ZA Pro v5.5.094.000
    AVG AV v7.xxx

Thanks for any help

BRF

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.5

Default Re: ZA Pro Not Detected by Windows Security Center

Go to the Firewall tab. Which lever is it on? High, med, or low?

brf1945 Guest

Thanks for the quick reply.

The Firewall Tab is set as follows; Internet Zone High, Trusted Zone Medium.

brf1945 Guest

It Seems to be a Windows Issue. I Downloaded the latest update 6.1.737 did a clean install. Ran the setup wizard restarted my PC Windows does not recognize ZA pro. It (Win XP) asks if I would like to turn on Windows FW, I said yes, which causes a message "Windows can not turn on its firewall". But Windows shows their FW is On and ZA pro is functioning correctly.

I have Screen Shots but am unable to upload them.

billc Guest

First, I think your protected with Zone Alarm even though the Windows Security Center is confused. I'm not sure if this is caused by Windows or your ZA installation. I will tell you how to 'cleanly' uninstall ZA then you can install a fresh copy. If you did a 'clean' update without uninstalling first, I'd give this a go to see if the Security Center will properly recognize ZA. Here's how to uninstall. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. Now reinstall ZA. Did that work?

BTW, in order to show images here, you must first load them to a server then use HTML code to display them. Image Shack is a good, free server to use for loading your images.

gerard_konijn Guest

Click on Start and then Control Panel. Click on the Security Center icon. AtFirewall, click on the Recommendations... button.
    Place a check in the "I have a firewall solution that I'll monitor myself" box. Click OK.

Best regards/Vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg. The Netherlands.
    Help with ZoneAlarm? There's a red Search! > option at the bottom of the page to find your answer.
    Or navigate the following link: http://www.donhoover.net/

brf1945 Guest

<blockquote><hr>BillCherryAtl wrote:
    First, I think your protected with Zone Alarm even though the Windows Security Center is confused. I'm not sure if this is caused by Windows or your ZA installation. I will tell you how to 'cleanly' uninstall ZA then you can install a fresh copy. If you did a 'clean' update without uninstalling first, I'd give this a go to see if the Security Center will properly recognize ZA. Here's how to uninstall. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this &quot;C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe&quot; /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. Now reinstall ZA. Did that work?

BTW, in order to show images here, you must first load them to a server then use HTML code to display them. Image Shack is a good, free server to use for loading your images.
    <hr></blockquote>
    Hi Bill;
    I did a clean uninstall of v5.5.9xx &amp; a Clean install of the current version of ZAP. The issue with WSC still exists.
    At this point I Disabled WSC in Services.msc &amp; will monitor my Firewall/AV programs by manually.

Thank for yor help.

BRF

Ps. Testing My New Signiture

Message Edited by BRF1945 on 02-05-200610:36 AM

Thread Information