Thread: When a program attempts to interact with EXPLORER.EXE, ZAPro freezes :-(

superpj Guest

Default When a program attempts to interact with EXPLORER.EXE, ZAPro freezes :-(

I'm using the latest Zone Alarm Security Suite (v.6.1.737.000)but the problem is the same with the latest Zone Alarm Pro.When a program attempts to interact with EXPLORER.EXE, my PC freezes for like 30 seconds before the ZAPro warning message appears. I have not managed to solve this problem so now I'm using the ZoneAlarm free version which doesn't have this "bug" I'm using Windows XP SP2

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:2.x

billc Guest

Default Re: When a program attempts to interact with EXPLORER.EXE, ZAPro freezes :-(

Maybe this post I just made for another user will help.

superpj Guest

Default Re: When a program attempts to interact with EXPLORER.EXE, ZAPro freezes :-(

Thanks for the quick Answer Bill. Indeed I was experiencing theSAME bug as troutamerica.I tried to check "Allow Application Interaction" on Explorer but that didn't solved the problem.So now I'm following instructions n
    2 on how to completelyuninstall ZA and reinstall it cleanly.When I'm done,I'll tell you if the bug has beenfixed. Thanks again for your time Bill

Message Edited by superpj on 01-28-2006 01:02 PM

superpj Guest

Now I know why the word "Guru" is written before your name lol ! Thank you so much, you've solved the problem ! Ijust had to cleanly uninstall and reinstall the software, following your instructions.However, I think that a solution should be found for the next release of ZoneAlarmPro becauseI'm suremany people have the same problembut they think itcomes from their OS and not from ZoneAlarm(in fact it's hard to know that it comes from Zone Alarm unless you encounter this bug a lot of times).Thanks again for the help Bill !

billc Guest

You are welcome. Glad you got it fixed.

superpj Guest

Sorry to say this Bill but it seems that I've talked to early :-(Indeed the problem is still here.I'm still gettingthe Explorer.exe interaction error.

billc Guest

Hmm. I'm not sure what is going on. Can you post a screen shot of the alert you're seeing? If you don't know how, let me know and I'll post instructions.

superpj Guest

ok, as soon as I get the alert I'll post the screenshot

superpj Guest

Hi and sorry for the delay Bill but the bug appears so randomly that I often forgot to make a screenshot :'(

Anyway, here it is :

However I have to admit that since I made the clean reinstall, the bug happens far less often ! However it is still there, and everytime it is very annoying

smeaf Guest

Bill,

I wanted to say that I had a similar problem and your 1st post (that points to another one of your posts) solved my problem.

Thanks!

smeaf

Thread Information