Thread: ZA Security Suite VS Cisco VPN CLient

Hybrid View

ruprect Guest

Default ZA Security Suite VS Cisco VPN CLient

Can anyone help me with this stop error problem?ZONE ALARM INFOZoneAlarm Security Suite version:6.1.737.000
    TrueVector version:6.1.737.000
    Driver version:6.1.737.000
    Anti-virus Vet engine version:11.9.1.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:11.9.9630.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:4.1.7.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200601.218
    AntiSpam version:4.8.0.6787CISCO VPN CLIENT INFO4.8.00.0440Whenver I try to connect to my corporate vpn by starting the cisco VPN client, I get a stop error (BSOD)Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALI am evaluating ZA (trial edition) for personal use and want to be able to use this product, however the ability to VPN into work using the cisco client is a requirement and i cannot sacrifice its use.what can i do to enable CISCO and ZONE ALARM to exist on the same computer together without invoking stop errors.some of the particulars are:Same error occurs with CVPNclient 4.03Fif I stopZA, the error still continuesIf I uninstall ZA then i can connect to VPN with no problemPC is a DELL Inspiron 9100 2GB RAM100GB Hard DriveWindows Media Center Edition 2005 All patches and updates are applied.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

gerard_konijn Guest

Default Re: ZA Security Suite VS Cisco VPN CLient

Hi ruprect and welcome to the Forum.I have no expertise with a Cisco VPN , but this is from ZA tech support:
    IMPORTANT - If you have a Cisco VPN client installed, you must first uninstall the VPN client, then follow the instructions below, and reinstall the Cisco VPN client again afterwards. This procedure will remove all traces of the TrueVector service, which was incorporated by Cisco into the VPN software.If you wish to keep your settings, create a Backup from Overview > Preferences before starting, and then Restore afterwards.
    Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs.RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system): C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exeChange it to: C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe /clean (add a space and then the /clean). Click OK to save the new command line.Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs -> Uninstall Zone Labs Security.Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.Say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files.
    Reboot.Install the latest version.
    Best regards/Vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg. The Netherlands.

Thread Information