Thread: COM initialization failed

charliecam Guest

Default COM initialization failed

Does anyone else get this message? I am annoyed by it. It pops up everytime my system loads up. I have been with tech support but they cannot figure this out. I have done clean uninstalls and clean installs. Nothing works. Supposedly , my service call was bumped up to 2nd level support, but noone has sent me any correspondence regarding this issue.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: COM initialization failed

I don't have an answer, but I do have a question. I assume the Alert you get is a Microsoft alert and not a Zone Alarm alert? If you uncheck the 'load Zone Alarm at startup' and reboot, do you still get the message? What consequences are there to your knowledge?

jkrell Guest

Default Re: COM initialization failed

I get this error message too. To the best of my ability, I see absolutely NO consequences. However, this IS a ZONEALARM message and not a Windows/Microsoft message. As with the first poster, I have tried uninstall/reinstall, updated to new versions, etc. -- all to no avail. FYI, this message goes away if ZoneAlarm does not load at boot -- but appears when you then start the program manually.

The only program I have recently added to my desktop is iTunes.

Thread Information