Thread: Error in running (loading) product update

Hybrid View

leftytoo Guest

Default Error in running (loading) product update

Hello,Please excuse me if I don't sound like I know what I am talking about, I'm a first time user of a forum over the internet, so here goes.First of all I think Zone Alarm is fantastic, for the most part it is pretty simple to operate for a person who is not what I consider computer literate. I do not have any formal computer training so please excuse me if I sound repetative in any way, I will do my best to understand your responses of aid.
    Last night I downloaded the product update "zaSuiteSetup_61_737_000_en.exe".I followed the simple instructions to save it to a folder of my choosing and then to locate it and double click on it to load it, which is what I did and the response was an immediate error message stating that this file is not a valid Win32 application. Could someone please help me to get to the next step with this, please remember I am not highly knowledgable about figuring out computer problems.
    Thanks Leftytoo

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:4.x

billc Guest

Default Re: Error in running (loading) product update

The alert you got normally means your download of the upgrade installer is corrupt. Try this. Download and save ZASS 6.1.737.000 (click here) . Now delete all your temp** files, then go to your current ZASS > Overview > Preferences panel and uncheck the 'Load ZASS at Startup' box then reboot. Now double click on the ZASS you just download to install the upgrade. I suggest you select a 'clean' install when you are asked.

**Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > open Disk Cleanup and run it.

leftytoo Guest

Default Re: Error in running (loading) product update

Hello Bill,

Thank you very much for your help, your suggestion worked great! Everything is up and running smoothly as it should.

Thank you again for your assistance,

Leftytoo :8}
    <blockquote><hr>BillCherryAtl wrote:
    The alert you got normally means your download of the upgrade installer is corrupt. Try this. Download and save ZASS 6.1.737.000 (click here) . Now delete all your temp** files, then go to your current ZASS &gt; Overview &gt; Preferences panel and uncheck the 'Load ZASS at Startup' box then reboot. Now double click on the ZASS you just download to install the upgrade. I suggest you select a 'clean' install when you are asked.

**Go to Start &gt; All Programs &gt; Accessories &gt; System Tools &gt; open Disk Cleanup and run it.
    <hr></blockquote>

Thread Information