Thread: Anyone using PCANYWHERE?

kwlsysadm Guest

Default Anyone using PCANYWHERE?

I have been using Microsoft Remote Desktop. However, I am thinking of switching to PCANYWHERE.

With Microsoft Remote Desktop, ZA alerts are not displayed to the remote client. This has become a nuissance for installing and configuring software remotely.

Is anyone using PCANYWHERE with ZA? If so, do ZA's alerts from the HOST PC display on the CLIENT PC's remote connection?

rediranch Guest

Default Re: Anyone using PCANYWHERE?

I use PCA 10.0 and ZA together.

they work great except for two things.

If you have a dynamic IP on the remote PC you are connecting from, then either you have to enter a range on ZA, or you have to have someone on the host pc enter your IP anytime it changes.
    Unfortunately, ZA does not allow you to enter a DNS, otherwise you could use to register a free dns that always maps to your IP, even if it's dynamic.

The other issue I'm here looking for a solution on is lately either PCA or ZA did an update and now I can't click ALLOW on the ZA alerts on the host PC when connecting through PCA.
    Which is just as bad as not seeing the alerts, as your problem explains.

vegasman Guest

Default Re: Anyone using PCANYWHERE?

I just joined this forum, and need help using PCAnywhere. I am using 10.5, but I don't think it matters. You said that it works great----would you be so kind as to give me the settings that you used to get it working. I use a free IP service to keep running when my IP address changes. Works great. Thanks

Thread Information