Thread: Iexplorer.exe wants to accept connections from Internet? Allow or deny?

Hybrid View

pinkelephant Guest

Default Iexplorer.exe wants to accept connections from Internet? Allow or deny?

Somehow my computer logged me off last night, and this Zone Alarm box keeps popping up. I'm not sure if or why any zone alarm or security settings were changed, and if I should allow or deny this. It is popping up a lot.
    I have posted to some boards, and sent email, but have not used any other chat. I'm running my up to date AVG virus checker as we speak, it takes about 10 hours to run. It seems to take a long time to check hosts.exe.
    Thanks in advance!
    Debbie
    p.s. What software version are you referring to? My ZA is 6.1.737.000

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Iexplorer.exe wants to accept connections from Internet? Allow or deny?

Gosh...it sure takes a long time to do a scan; that seems way out of sorts to me. Perhaps you need to clean up your machine by getting rid of all your cache, temp files, and then defrag. Now about the Iexplorer.exe wanting to 'accept' connections with frequent popups......this smells like a Trojan or some type of virus to me. The answer to your question is DENY . The program for Microsoft's Internet Explorer (probably your browser) does not need and will not ask to 'accept connections (that is "server" right). Look in your ZA Program Control > Program list and see if you can find two Internet Explorer entries; you should only have one. You might want to try a free online scan at Trend Micro's Housecall . This is a good scan and should not take hours.

Thread Information