Thread: True Vector shut down isuse

rredrock Guest

Default True Vector shut down isuse

I've been using ZoneAlarm for about a week now, and have experienced an error several times over the last two days:
    Apparently something has caused True Vector to shut down, and I've had to restart it manually. This has happened only while I was _away_ from the computer, so I don't know exact circumstances leading to the shut down. The "True Vector has shut down" error is displayed when I de-activate the screen saver (MS Windows XP default blank screen). Any ideas? And does the True Vector shut down put my cable-internet system at risk?

-Erica

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: True Vector shut down isuse

It is not uncommon for True Vector is shutdown unexpectly like other programs do, but it should be rare if at all. If this has happened several times, I'd suggest you do a 'clean' uninstall of your ZASS program then install a fresh copy from a fresh download.Uninstall this way. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. Now install a new ZASS.

rredrock Guest

Thanks, Bill, I'll give it a try!
    -Erica

chetwyman Guest

Reinstalling ZL has not solved my problem.
    I am very concerned about this because I have financial data on my computer and my firewall keeps turning off.

True vector keeps turning off when I leave my computer despite a "clean install."
    What is the point of having a firewall if it keeps
    shutting down?

billc Guest

If you continue to have the problem, then I'd suggest you contact Zone Labs Technical Support . They can analyze your True Vector logs to find out the cause of the shutdown. The only other suggestion I can make is for you to look in your Event Viewer and see if there you can find out what might be causing the problem.

socalreviews Guest

Do the /clean uninstall along with the described manual file search and deletion of left over Zone Alarm files and then try installing the latest version 6.1.744.

chetwyman Guest

I do not have access to update 6.1.744.
    It isn't on the ZL website.

socalreviews Guest

Go to www.zonelabs.com then click on Service & Support on the left side of the page. Click on Product Specific Support for your exact product that you are using such as ZAP, ZASS, etc. which is near the middle of that page. Toward the bottom click on Release History. You will see a place to Download each of the last versions of that Zone Alarm Product. You will need to have a copy of a still active subscription code on hand when you install. You will have to copy and paste it into a text or document file on your computer for later use and/or write it down on paper from your current version of Zone Alarm. Follow the /clean uninstall and ZA left over file search and delete directions exactly and then do a clean install of the new product of 6.1.744 and you should be ok.

Message Edited by SoCalReviews on 03-14-200601:15 AM

rredrock Guest

So far the re-install seems to be working just fine. Thanks for the help!
    -Erica

Thread Information