Thread: SSLEAY32.dll ... new wrinkle

pintel Guest

Default SSLEAY32.dll ... new wrinkle

Well, this takes the cake for creative programming!

I turned on the computer this morning to have an overlay appear -- "Validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs
    SSLEAY32.dll".

Not only does it appear, but it KEEPS appearing several times a minute right in the center of the screen and is on top of EVERYTHING. I have to manually cancel it out in to continue using my computer. Who in the world would program an error message that does that ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

It effectively renders the machine unusable.

ZL is not running so I cannot shut anything off. If I deinstall, I loose all the updates, etc.

Please help me because I'm on a deadline in getting a new book into the publisher and this piece of programming idiocy is costing me.

Is anyone from ZL listening out there?

Pintel

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:

Default Re: SSLEAY32.dll ... new wrinkle

Hi Searched and found two possible answers: one the True Vector component's ssleay.dll has actually failed. The second is the variants of worm called Bagz d to f is rampant in the PC. These worms are received in e-mail attachments. Opening any attachments, even from a friend, could infect you, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

pintel Guest

Thank you for your reply.

I deinstalled ZA to get rid of the overlays that popped up in pairs every minute.

I have searched the system and find no evidence of the worm you referred to.

If the True Vector .dll has failed ... how can it be repaired. I don't like being defenceless.

Thanks,

Pintel

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=48347 is the post for the very best instructions on how to perfrom a clean uninstall/re- install. Please download a new copy of your ZA Pro first. In your situation, I understand that time is of great value, and this repair does take some time. The uninstall/reinstall procedure is the easiest way to repair the ssleay32.dll/true vector problems. This post by Slyfox is the recommended way, however you may skip the steps 1 through 7. Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information