Thread: Should I be concerned by constant attempts to access my PC by same IP?

angryt_turtle Guest

Default Should I be concerned by constant attempts to access my PC by same IP?

ZA security suite
    has been blocking
    intruder attempts, and invariably they appear to be from the same IP each time, and high rated but when I try and find out where they are coming from it says the IP is reserved for The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)! Should I be a little concerned or just rest assured its a random port scan like they say?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

billc Guest

Default Re: Should I be concerned by constant attempts to access my PC by same IP?

No, I don't think you should be concerned."Reserved" IP's are not used by nefarious programs or hackers to the best of my understanding. Could you post the IP?

angryt_turtle Guest

Default Re: Should I be concerned by constant attempts to access my PC by same IP?

The number is 86.30.17.5, tx

http://www.dslreports.com/whois enter the stated address into the whois and see who it is.Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

billc Guest

By chance are you in the UK and use NTL as your ISP?

learner2020 Guest

ARIN.net kicking back as RIPE Network Coordination Centre in NL basically it's a BS site that does work for Gov't agencies.

Thread Information