Thread: How to kill this annoying ZoneAlarm "Service Message" at boot-up?

jlipscomb Guest

Default How to kill this annoying ZoneAlarm "Service Message" at boot-up?

Hello everyone. This is driving me freakin nuts. My ZoneAlarm Pro subscription expired a couple of weeks ago and ever since, I get the following annoying-as-**bleep** pop-up every time I boot up:

"Important Service Expiration Notice...Your subscription has expired." blah blah blah

Yeah, I know it has expired and I have no intention of renewing it at the moment...I may later, but not now. I do however, have every intention to keep using my **paid for** version of ZoneAlarm Pro (just without the added "benefits" of the annual subscription fee).

So how then, does one shut this off? What is the Reg hack to do this, because it's obvious that Zone Labs went out of their way to NOT let you do this easily. Yes, I've tried: Overview > Preferences > "Check for product updates manually" but this has no effect on this lousy pop-up, which I deem quite abusive on the part of the folks from Z.L.

Version: Zone Alarm Pro 5.5.094.000

Thanks to anyone that can help me out here.

John

Operating System:Windows 98-SE (Second Edition)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.x

socalreviews Guest

Default Re: How to kill this annoying ZoneAlarm "Service Message" at boot-up?

It sounds kind of strange and I haven't tried this myself since I have a current subscription that I keep updated but believe I recently read in a post here that you can stop that ZA subscription notice by going into ZAP under Overview > Preferences tabs and by simply setting a password for ZAP then the pop up notices will stop. It might also be a good idea to write down or keep that password that you create available just in case you need it in the future to use with ZAP.

jlipscomb Guest

Thanks for the post, SoCal dude. Yeah, a fine fellow over in the "General" section of the forum posted the same workaround a few days ago. I tried it and yep, the annoying pop-up went away.

** WARNING - ANY USER TRYING TO GET PAST OUR FILTERS WILL BE BANNED!

** Offending text removed. READ the Forum Guide, and follow it. This is the ONLY warning you will receive.

John

Message Edited by Forum-Moderator on 05-02-2006 09:30 AM

socalreviews Guest

Cool ! It's good to know that this solution works. I don't like those ZA service message pop-ups either.

Message Edited by SoCalReviews on 05-02-200610:28 AM

jlipscomb Guest

** WARNING - ANY USER TRYING TO GET PAST OUR FILTERS WILL BE BANNED!

** Offending text removed. READ the Forum Guide, and follow it. This is the ONLY warning you will receive.

John

Message Edited by Forum-Moderator on 05-02-200609:30 AM
    <hr>

LOL! Holy s**t, the PC-language nazzis [sp] are threatening me. My o my what will I do??? LOL!!!

j.

snowyowl Guest

I AM
    running the latest version of Zonealarm Security Suite (6.1.744.001) and am also getting those terrifically annoying messages.
    I want to continue running the firewall but with BitDefender's antivirus instead.
    I missed the thread where you mentioned how to stop these messages.
    Can you please repeat the instructions or direct me to them?
    Thanks.

Thread Information