Thread: IE window and Skype

zoneme Guest

Default IE window and Skype

I have this icon logo of skype on my web page which prior to using zone labs when clicked on would take me to SKype.
    Now I get a window in XP windows opening saying among other things
    Internet explorer has encounted a problem and need to close.
    We are sorry for the inconvenicence.
    Then I have a choice to either send error report

or don't send.Clicking on either takes me back to desk top.If I just move window over to side I can continue to do whatever I was trying to do except not being able to get to Skype through my web page.
    SKype does have access from my program choices.What could be wrong?

zoneme Guest

Default Re: IE window popping up when trying to reach Skype and now www.ebay.com

SO I type into Yahoo tool bar www.ebay.com and
    same IE window pops up saying IE has
    encounted a problem..........when I click don't send or send everything goes away and takes me back to desk top.All since installing zone labs free version.
    Why is this happening?

zoneme Guest

Default Re: it is not just skype or ebay it can be just about anything i type into yahoo address bar

can cause IE window to pop and
    say IE has encountered and this never use to happen prior to installing zone alarm.
    What could be causing this?

zoneme Guest

Default Re: IE window and Skype

Error signature says

appname:
    iexplore.exe

modver -

appver - 6.0.2900.2180

offset - 00005835

modname - yshortcut.dll

I can place cursor over pop window and move it to side of screen and keep working, though if I click on don't send it take me back to desktop.
    I have XP with SP2

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: it is not just skype or ebay it can be just about anything i type into yahoo address bar

Have you tried already cleanly uninstalling ZoneAlarm and re-installing yet?before reinstalling see if IE still has this behavior,place on the Windows firewall though while testing so you have some sort of protection,if IE still exhibits this behavior you may need to repair it,and then reinstall ZA freshly.If you need any help with any of this just ask,someone here or me will be willing to help.

zoneme Guest

fly your way.

Before I go deleting and reinstalling ZoneAlarm
    I put in a
    question to Yahoo answers.
    though No answer yet.

There might be a problem with yahoo's
    yshortcut.dll file as other people are having e a similar problem.
    Sugestions seem to be to delete yahoo tool bar,
    If I Delete yahoo tool bar
    I will miss access to free spy killer, quick links to mail, calendar and address book.

I'll let you know.

thanks

zoneme Guest

i didn't wait to hear from yahoo answer on my question about yshortcut.dll error window.So I went to control panel and deleted yahoo tool bar program,rebooted and error was still appearing soI did a search for yshortcut.dll and deleted it and yshortcut.exe and problem appears to have gone away.
    So it wasn't zonealarm though it could be zonealarm working with yahoo tool bar.I'm going to install google tool bar and see what happens.

zoneme Guest

For whatever reason it was not
    problem with zonealarm.

I installed google tool bar which has some features Yahoo tool bar didn't have and then downloaded spybot.
    everything is working just fine now.thanks.

Thread Information