Thread: Your computer is infected

bdmmmmm Guest

Default Your computer is infected

Anyone know what or how to remove the following message I receive in a small red box at the bottom right corner of internet explorer browser.
    "Your computer is infectedCritical system errorsystem detected virus activityThey may cause criticalsystem failure. Please use antimalwaresoftware to clean and protect yoursystem from parasite programs.Click here to get all available software."
    I don't know how to get rid of it.
    It also puts a icon in my taskbar area and toggles between red circle with a line through it and a green wheelchair.
    Thanks for any help/input-Brian

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: Your computer is infected

Your Infected with SmitFraud,search with google the title I gave,or goto SPYWAREWARRIOR Forum and register and ask for help there they will be willing to help resolve the issue you are experiancing,there are many experts within that forum.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,

First of all, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON THAT SOFTWARE LINK!
    Second, PLEASE go to the following sites and have them scan your computer for any type of nasty bugs.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

http://www.trendmicro.com/spyware-scan/

http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan

Download Ewido

http://www.ewido.net/en/

After the installaton, search for updates and download any available. Start your computer in safe mode , open Ewido,press scanner, complete system scan, fix anything that is found, next run a full virus scan also fix any problems you have. Restart your computer normally and run some more scans with Ewido and your virus scanner, to make sure your clean. If after the second round of scans the trojan still exist we will have to turn off system restore , go back into safe mode again going through the same procedure as before but see if this works first.

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

SlyFox:8}
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

4. flyyourway Guest

sorry Sly,any of those sites will detect the vermin,but wont help the user rid the infection,he needs to manually delete this with specific instruction from a AntiMalware expert.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi FlyYourWay,

NO Problem, Thank You for letting me know.

Have a great day!

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

6. bdmmmmm Guest

Just curious, how do we know its SmitFraud?

thanks again Brian

bdmmmmm Guest

Whats the sense in
    having zone alarm if I have to go out and buy another security software package?

flyyourway Guest

I never said you had to go out and purchase any other software,I advised you to visit the forum in my post register for free,ask the same question there as you did here,tell them you were directed their from here and that someone here said you were infected with Smitfraud,they will then advise you on which software(FREE) you need to download,and run and post the logs of these programs within that forum,from there they will have you delete and remove certain entries,that you need to remove,thus helping you resolve the issue.At times vermin and hijackers will come along that no software can delete by themselves,right away,thus the need to consult an expert in that Field,which many here are not.I do help within that forum,but since this isn't expected within this forum,thats why I redirected you to visit their.

I also know that it is Smitfraud because I have helped remove this particular vermin from many peoples machines.

I hope my post has cleared up your doubts and concerns.

Thread Information