Thread: Suspicious Behavior

Hybrid View

jodyv Guest

Default Suspicious Behavior

I launch my IE program and have no trouble accessing sites on the links bar.
    If I manually enter a secure site address in the address bar, I get a ZA popup which says:
    IE crash detection is trying to communicate with "C:\Program Files\InternetExplorer\iexplorer.exe" by opening its process. When I click on 'allow' the blank I.E. page closes. I also get that little box that comes up in Windows: 'Internet Explorer has encountered a problem...'
    I thought by disabling the crash detection feature I could solve this, but couldn't figure out how to do so.
    Any help appreciated.
    Terry

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: Suspicious Behavior

IE Crash Detection is actually the crash report engine in Windows. When Internet Explorer chrashes, the IE Chrash Detection Program creates a detailed report about the crash. You can read a bit more about it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...brows.mspx#EAH

When it finishes creating a report, it will attempt to send the report to Microsoft for the engineers there to toubleshoot. To do this, it needs to open up Internet Explorer to send the report. This is what your ZA's OSFirewall alert is doing in this case. If you allow it, all you are doing is to allow the chrash report program to send the report to Microsoft. Denying it would just prevent the program from sending the report from being sent to Microsoft. There are instructions on how to disable the crash detection program further down the above link I gave you.

marcz Guest

Default Re: Suspicious Behavior

You may also have a bad TCP/IP configuration if you are crashing on every Secure site. Do a little google on "IE crashes on secure sites"

Thread Information