Thread: Repeating New Network Detected (Possible Solution)

mayfly Guest

Default Repeating New Network Detected (Possible Solution)

I've had this issue with a new network being detected each time i restart my pc. I looked into it and tried the various methods posted on ZA forum which helped but only seemed to provide a tempoary solution. After upgrading to the latest version of ZA pro, it seemed fine for the first week or two until it started up again. Im not sure why this happens. Unlike a lot of people i shut off my pc after use. This means shutting down ZA through the taskbar and then the PC. Perfectly legite as u would think so i couldnt understand how the database could get corrupt so soon after an upgrade.

Any way, after trying a few things out, thought about ensuring that the Windows Sp2 firewall is left off and not on during a startup or reboot. ZApro automatically effects whether the Windows firewall is on or off. This lead me to beleive that this could be a possible source of the conflict. Either way this seems to hav sorted the problem and i havent had any "New network detections"

Hope this helps and id be interested to hear from anyone who resolved this prob using my method.

mayfly

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:

Message Edited by mayfly on 05-22-200602:18 PM

learner2020 Guest

Default Re: Repeating New Network Detected (Possible Solution)

Try doing a clean install.

Look up doing a clean install here.

Something might be messed up in Internet Logs folder.

Thread Information