Thread: six crashes one day -- this is whacked!

pgalioni Guest

Default six crashes one day -- this is whacked!

six freeze up ZA shut-downs time over-runs in one day is whacked! -- I have work to do, and this has cost me four hours of serious thinking-typing -- what the heck is going on!!!!???

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: six crashes one day -- this is whacked!

I think you mean that Zone Alarm is causing your computer to freeze? If so, do a 'clean' uninstall followed by a fresh install assuming this has happened 'out of the blue' and not as a result of new software.

<fieldset>
    <legend>Clean Uninstall</legend>Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.</fieldset>

pgalioni Guest

Default Re: six crashes one day -- this is whacked!

cool, worked perfectly -- and though directions were sketchy -- I understood -- sure wish there was a dos prompt easy to get to! ah the good old days!

C:\dos
    C:\dos run
    C:\run dos run

thanks! (again!)

paul galioni!

Thread Information