Thread: Driver deletions/removal and modifications

yarok Guest

Default Driver deletions/removal and modifications

Hi,

I just installed the new ZAP 6.5.700.

When I reboot, I keep receiving these alerts and I don't know whether to allow or deny them!

1. htpatch.exe is trying to delete or remove the driver or service WINIO

2. htpatch.exe is trying to modify the driver or service USB

3. SISUSBrg.exe is trying to delete or remove the driver or service SISPORT

4. Symantec User Session is trying to modify the driver or service SNDSRVC.

I denied the first three and allowed number 4.

Did I do right? Should I allow 1, 2, and 3 as well?

Why are these drivers being deleted/removed or modified?

Many thanks for you help.

Anxious Yarok.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: Driver deletions/removal and modifications

The first 3 are probably OK to allow since it is part of the motherboards process,unless you are not running a SiS motherboard within the PC.If you denied them and you dont see any harsh affect you might just let it be the way you set the permission's,if later you see some type of of GPU problems then you may want to reconsider your permissions.
    (What is GPU?=The GPU is the processor found on a graphics card, and is the main chip for handling the work required to create the image produced on a display.)

These alerts you have gotten do not seem to me to be nefarious,so I would personally allow them.

yarok Guest

Thank you very much. I needed this reassurance. these alerts can be very unnerving and sometimes SmartDefense is of no help.

Yarok

ballyzaca Guest

The authorization for SiSUSBrg.exe was also of extreme interest to me, as with the other poster. It would popup at the sametime as a program called BOINC, therefore, it was my view it was being caused by BOINC. And the view properties in ZA's popup did not identify who created the file??

Recently, dwnld the new Windows Browser 7.0 (Beta) and it sister program Windows Defender (backup to ZA), however, ZA did identify the creator (AheadNero), whereas, ZA had failed to do same!!!

However, the info you provided about it's orgin being part of the computers motherboard functions satisified my fears that someone was trying to slip me a "Mickey Finn!"

Curt Butler, an American ex-Patriot residing in Sweden
    BallyZACA@msn.com

-END-

Thread Information