Thread: "ZoneAlarm is initializing" pop-up at start-up... computer has slowed way down...

mikemidd Guest

Default "ZoneAlarm is initializing" pop-up at start-up... computer has slowed way down...

For the past day or two, each time I start up my computer, I'm getting a very slow boot. Once the computer has booted completely, I'm getting a small pop-up saying that "ZoneAlarm is initializing," that the process will take a minute, and giving me the option to cancel it. Ever since this started happening, my computer (2 yr old Dell laptop, XP) has been running at a painfully slow pace. To the point that it's basically non-functional. Killing vsmon from the task manager speeds things up, but not entirely, and it doesn't always stop the window from popping up and slowing things down again. Clicking cancel on the ZoneAlarm window doesn't seem to do anything, and often the window will come back after a minute or two.What's going on here? I saw one other thread on this, very brief, when I did a search, and the fix doesn't seem to have worked for me (deleting backup.rdb and iam.rdb). Can anyone provide more info and a better fix?Thanks!

Message Edited by MikeMidd on 06-16-2006 08:03 AM

mikemidd Guest

Default Re: "ZoneAlarm is initializing" pop-up at start-up... computer has slowed way down...

Any help, anyone?This has basically rendered my computer useless right now, vsmon.exe is gobbling up so much of my CPU that other functions aren't working. It's beyond what is "normal," from what I can tell. Closing vsmon in the task manager doesn't work, and trying to actually open up ZoneAlarm just gets me the little window saying that it is initializing, and asking me to wait.Appreciate any suggestions folks have to offer.

Thread Information