Thread: System Tray Alert Mystery Icon

gamma Guest

Default System Tray Alert Mystery Icon

I see from the help file that the System Tray Alert iscn can have 8 different displays, however mine has one thats not listed. Every so often when the defalt ZA icon is showing a solid blue cirlce appears and flashesover the "A" of ZA - anyone know what this means?Peter

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

ganzfeld Guest

Default Re: System Tray Alert Mystery Icon

I have exactly the same thing.....and it's not every now and then but most of the time. It's not in the list of system tray alerts. I am guessing it might be the little magnifying glass thing that's supposed to appear when it's scanning.....but then that is supposed to be a sort of red 'Q' shape.

huneee Guest

Default Re: System Tray Alert Mystery Icon

I just enabled the system trayicon alert yesterday, and I've observed the same thing... EXCEPT I notice that it's an activity which continues for a little whileafter a security event takes place. The more successive events at one time, the longer the blue circle blinks afterwards.

I'm concerned especially because my system seems to be slow (oh-so!!), and if this delayed response is an indicator of just how slow, then I have to question if it's as slow dealing with incoming stuff as it is "recovering" (so to speak) after-the-fact?Hope that makes sense -- I'm not sure how to say it.

My imagination is painting disastrous pictures of my braveknight asleep beside his dragon while the trolls are creeping across the bridge and into my castle.

Sure hope someone out there can help put our minds at rest, and/or provide a solution if one is necessary... please?

Have a great weekend!
    huneee :8}

Thread Information