Thread: Why doesn't ZA Suite shut down properly after I updated?

jabhadouken Guest

Default Why doesn't ZA Suite shut down properly after I updated?

After I updated to the newest version, whenever I log off my machine, ZA doesn't go cleanly.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

magical_trevor Guest

Default Re: Why doesn't ZA Suite shut down properly after I updated?

What do you mean?

jabhadouken Guest

What I mean is I am getting a box popping up as I exit windows, with ZA evidently not shutting down in time, I guess?

It seems like windows is shutting it down... I guess, but it never showed a screen like that - is that a hangup?

magical_trevor Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>jabhadouken wrote:

What I mean is I am getting a box popping up as I exit windows, with ZA evidently not shutting down in time, I guess?

It seems like windows is shutting it down... I guess, but it never showed a screen like that - is that a hangup?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeap your right this is a hang up, lets try something, go to:Start&gt;RUNType in: c:\windows\prefetchDelete EVERYTHING in this folder.Then reboot your computer.NOTE:Once you have done this, your first reboot might/will be slow. the rest of your reaboots and start ups will be normal.

jabhadouken Guest

This didn't help- ZA STILL "stops responding, or whatever, then the system tries to shut down... soemtimes shutdwon hangs up too, and I've reformatted and reinstalled 3 times!

lordankur Guest

I am also having the same problem on my newly installed PC...Although i use to use it on my old pc...Za still gives that error while shutting down my pc...

cudaman Guest

I'm having the same problem except my shutdown isn't slow. It's just that ZoneAlarm isn't shutting itself down, Windows is shutting it down. This just started with the last update. I tried deleting everything in the c:\windows\prefetch folder and rebooted and rebooted again and it still happens.

redbullman Guest

I've got Zone Alarm Internet Security, with all the latest updates. In the last 3 days I've started to experience this sameproblem. Every time I switch off my computer, when you ask windows to shut down, a box pops up saying stating Zone Alarm shut down problem or something similar. It disapears quickly but clearly there is a problem.Has anyone managed to come up with a fix to this yet?By the way this morning(I assume this is connectedto the shut down problem),I movedmy mouse to bring it out of power save mode and nothing happened. Ieventually had toreboot the computer, howeverwhen Zone Alarm started up in the system tray, a boxpopped up stating true vector error - I knowthis has been mentioned in other posts, but I thinkthe true vector problem relates to the shut down issue.Can anyone help??Many thanks

Thread Information