Thread: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3 - WARNING!

six Guest

Default Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3 - WARNING!

I've just installed IE7 Beta 3. It DID NOT like Zone Alarm Pro one little bit.

It refused to install the first time, and demanded a restart. The fault-reporting shortcut it made on the desktop to the go.microsoft website didn't work when I clicked it. I then shut down ZA and enabled the Windows Firewall.

The second time, it installed OK - but ZA protested that it couldn't start it's Anti-Spyware. Sure enough, it was missing off the ZA options.

I shut down ZA again, then restarted. Anti-spyware seemed to come back. I was going to try another restart, but the Windows "Log off - Shutdown - Restart" box had a shield against "Shutdown", and was recommending me to shut the machine down to "install important updates", which I've never come across before.

I turned it off, then powered it back up.

It *seems* to be stable now, with IE7b3 and ZAP co-existing with each other...

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

EDIT:

The shortcut link [when I finally got it to work] led here:

Error message when you try to install Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3: "Internet Explorer could not be installed"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917925

I didn't hack the registry like it suggested, I just fumbled my way through the install, as detailed above.

Message Edited by Six on 07-05-2006 03:21 AM

mmforeman Guest

Default Re: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3 - WARNING!

on the IE 7 installation page for Beta 3 --- under instllation notes --- there is a warning that the latest version o Zone Labs 6.5.700 and above must be un-installed prior to installation of IE 7 beta 3................. worked for me and then I re-installed the ZoneAlarm suite.............

Thread Information