Thread: ZA - paid the renewal - its still asking

thenco Guest

Default ZA - paid the renewal - its still asking

Can some kind soul illuminate a solution to this issue please.

I awaited until the second last day and then clicked on the renew button in the control center.
    Put my good plastic card money into the ZA till and copied in the new license key as you do manually annually.

So why is it regularly displaying a splash screen on start up telling me I have expired and need to renew when the control center tells me

Product update service expires in 354 days
    Your ZoneAlarm Security Suite expires in 354 days

and

The copy of ZoneAlarm Security Suite was registered on 7/1/2006 9:25:08 AM

Me being myself I will not pay twice and merely cancel the splash screen - but having paid I dont expect nagware

I would love a resolution to this

Johnno

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: ZA - paid the renewal - its still asking

I don't know of any way to get rid of the popup screen other than try uninstalling ZASS then installing it again. If you want to try that, here's how. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. Now download and install ZASS anew. This should work.

Alternatively, the nagging screen should go away in a few days if you do nothing at all.

thenco Guest

bill cherry sir - I thank you for your response

I will choose the await a few days option, no reported issues with waiting

thanks again

johnno

chuckchunder Guest

Don't suppose the original writer is still looking for an answer - but for anyone else that is, I just had the same problem and it seems the answer may be to check the "Inform me about important updates and news" box on the Change Reg. dialogue screen. That turned
    the
    "this product is not registered" to Registration pending".
    Oh dear ZoneAlarm, I thought you were above such
    miserable
    marketing tactics!

Thread Information