Thread: ZoneAlarm 6.5.722 makes impossible good shutting down and creates errors when trying to uninstall it

hpirotte Guest

Default ZoneAlarm 6.5.722 makes impossible good shutting down and creates errors when trying to uninstall it

Happy with ZoneAlarm older versions (Pro versions), I naturally upgraded to 6.5.722, planning to maybe buy it. After that, not only my pc did not shut down properly anymore, which makes reboots and restore point impossible to use, but it also did not want to uninstall, Windows claiming a "Bad Image" problem. All normal tries to uninstall it have been fruitless. And I would like to get rid of it. Can somebody help me in getting rid of this installation. Any tentative to install older versions on top of it have been unsuccesfullas well asnormal uninstall.Thank you in advance for your help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: ZoneAlarm 6.5.722 makes impossible good shutting down

"Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

hpirotte Guest

Many thanks for your kind reply. I will try this. I agree with your last wording.

fab Guest

I have exactly the same problem.

Moreover, if I try to shutdown ZAP only to improve performance when I am disconnected from the Inet, I get an error message from Windows (violation of memory) related one of the running services (it is usually IPod but another one is impacted if I disable IPod).

I have already tried a clean uninstall but, after reinstall, ZAP shows exactly the same bahaviour.

Please help. I have been very happy with my registred ZAP for almost 2 yrs and would not like to change it with another FW.

Thanks a lot.

Fab

PC config:

XP Pro SP2 + Office 2003 with all updates from MS
    MC Afee Antivirus 8
    Firefox

__

Thread Information