Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INTERNET EXPLORER DOWNLOADS ERROR - NOT A VALID WIN32 APPLICATION

melcapone Guest

Default INTERNET EXPLORER DOWNLOADS ERROR - NOT A VALID WIN32 APPLICATION

I'm running ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite Ver 6.5.722.000 and every time I start a download using Internet Explorer, it stops after 2 seconds and the download window closes. When I double click on the downloaded file icon, it always fails saying "program.ext not a valid win32 application". If i do the same download using Mozilla Firefox or Netscape...it works. When I uninstalled ZoneAlarm, Internet Explorer downloads worked ok. Has anyone come across this and if so....whats the solution?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: INTERNET EXPLORER DOWNLOADS ERROR - NOT A VALID WIN32 APPLICATION

SOLUTION - I get an invalid Win32 application error

You are getting this error because the setup file you downloaded from the web is incomplete. You need to delete the file you downloaded. Clear your recycle bin once you have deleted it. Go to ZoneAlarm (FREE)
    http://www.zonelabs.com/zadownload and download the latest update. Once you have downloaded the update ensure the size of the file is the same as the actual size of the file. This should resolve the problem.

Are you using any type of "Web Download Accelerators"? If you are, PLEASE turn them off, as they will cause problems downloading with Zone Alarm.

Hopefully the above two solutions will fix your problem, if not PLEASE post back, THANKS.

Thank you all for your time and have a "GREAT DAY" or "EVENING"!

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. melcapone Guest

Hi,

I did exactly what you said and this made no diference.
    Do you have any other suggestions please.

Thanks,
    mel.

Hi,

Also, PLEASE use Internet Explorer to download Zone Alarm, NOT FIREFOX or any other BROWSER.

PLEASE go to the following thread and PLEASE FOLLOW THE EXACT INSTRUCTIONS.

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...mp=true#M52386

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

SlyFox

5. melcapone Guest

Thanks for your guidance. How can I use Internet Explorer to download ZoneAlarm when Internet Explorer keeps terminating the download 2 seconds after starting it. I know & you know that the file downloaded is incomplete. That is the problem i am having. When ZoneAlarm is installed (the latest which I downloaded using Netscape from the official site you stated), I cannot get a complete downloaded file. It terminates prematurely. With ZoneAlarm uninstalled, the download finishes completely.

mel.

Hi,

First of all, are you sure you are not using any type of "Web Accelerators" or "Download Managers"? Yes, I know you mentioned that to me prior. The reason I am asking, is that the error code you are receiving in reference to invalid win32 application pertains to Web Accelerators or Download Managers. Are you using any type of toolbars, such Google, Microsoft, Netscape, etc.? If you are, you need to uninstall them and when you get Zone Alarm working, then reinstall them. Have you checked for any type of bugs lately? What do you have your browser settings set at? Something is blocking your downloading. PLEASE update your Root Certificates, that link will be in the instructions.

SlyFox

7. melcapone Guest

Hi,

I am not using any "Web Accelerators" or "Download Managers". I reinstalled Windows XP Pro (SP2)on my desktop after formatting the "C" drive. I then tested out Internet Explorer downloads and everything worked fine. All the Internet Explorer settings were set to their default values, I changed nothing. I am not using any toolbars like Google etc. I then used Internet Explorer to download ZoneAlarm Internet Security and that worked fine. I then installed & configured ZoneAlarm and ran both Spyware & Virus scans. I then went back to the ZoneLabs Web Site and tried to download ZoneAlarm again using Internet explorer and as previously mentioned, the download and any other downloads immediately terminated after 2 seconds (36kb downloaded) and when I double clicked on the icon, "not a valid win32 application" came up. What I cannot understand is that no changes were made to Internet Explorer prior to downloading & Installing ZoneAlarm, but soon after installing it, this problems occurs.
    I am really confused.
    Mel.

Hi,

That makes two of us totally confused on this problem. How about the recent Windows Updates, I remember seeing a few posts, about the updates causing some type of problems with Zone Alarm. I will continue to search this forum and see what I can find on this problem, and I will get back to you as quickly as possible.

SlyFox

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004

Hi, Just thought of the following.You need to delete the file you downloaded. Clear your recycle bin once you have deleted it. Have you emptied your recycle bin and cleared your browser cache? SlyFox

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004

Hi,

PLEASE try the following and let me know if it works or not.

Delete your temp files, empty your recycle bin and then reboot. Redownload the installer.

SlyFox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information