Thread: zone alarm closes

jcombs Guest

Default zone alarm closes

I have had two continuing problems.1. I frequently get a message that says the anti-virus panel failed to initialize2. About 2 or 3 times a week I get a message that says "Zone Alarm has encountered a problem and needs to close"I have uninstalled and re-installed, and I have downloaded the update and performed a "clean install".Any help is appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

socalreviews Guest

Default Re: zone alarm closes

It is possible that your ZASS database settings got corrupted. Also, before doing anything else try manually forcing your antivirus and antispyware to update under the AV and AS section of ZASS then reboot your machine. Here is the link to try a ZA configuration and settings database reset if you want to try it. You will lose are your current customized settings though. Do not use any old settings after you do the reset and instead let ZASS configure itself before customizing any settings again.

ZONE ALARM SETTINGS AND DATABASE RESET LINK:

IF you used your old ZA settings during the upgrade instead of letting ZA re-configure your new ones you can try to reset your ZA configuration and settings with the instructions in this link. This often fixes many ZA installation problems including TrueVector errors, connection problems, and strange ZA program behaviors but this is done without having to un-install or re-install the ZA program. You will however lose all previous ZA settings by doing this and you will need to re-configure any custom settings for programs that you previously made. This fix generally does not apply to first time ZA installations since they had no previous database or settings to get corrupted.

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=inst&message.id=51748

Thread Information