Thread: ZoneAlarm has encountered a problem

primrose Guest

Default ZoneAlarm has encountered a problem

I am running ZoneAlarm Pro and since the last two upgrades I have been getting a Message - ZoneAlarm has encountered a problem and must close down followed by an appology if I'm in the middle of something. This is occuring several times a week at apparently random intervals. It gives no clue as to what the problem is and seems to work OK if I restart the computer. Has anyone else experienced this?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm has encountered a problem

If this occurs infrequently then I'd say that is normal. Several times a week is not normal. I'd suggest you do a clean uninstall of Zone Alarm followed by a fresh install. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. Now download and install a fresh copy of Zone Alarm Pro.

primrose Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm has encountered a problem

Thanks very much Bill.

Thread Information