Thread: True Vector Service Encountered Problem

yourdreamva Guest

Default True Vector Service Encountered Problem

Hi. This is my first time on the support site. The last week or so I was getting quite a few of the 'true vector service..' pop ups. What was showing up was:
    appname vsmon.exe
    appview: 6.5.722.0
    modname: 2/sre.dll
    offset: 000014d6

Yesterday I was also having internet issues and finally did a restore on my system. Since that I have not had the message pop up. I generally do the upgrades from Zone Lab when they show up. Should I just leave well enough alone for now or follow some of the advice that appears in this forum to help solve the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: True Vector Service Encountered Problem

For now, I'd leave things well enough alone,. You have the latest version of Zone Alarm Pro. If you get the 'True Vector has encountered a problem and must shut down' notice more than rarely, post back.

nightshadow Guest

I get the same problem too after upgrading my ZoneAlarm free from an older version into 6.5.731.000. Now I ocassionally get this error message when I am using internet (possibly caused by msn messenger or bitcomet), and once I even got this for no reason. After the message I cannot open the ZA icon on the tray, and sometimes I could but it still says something about low security level. This never happened before I update, does anyone also have this problem in version 6.5.731.000?

ai_tak Guest

If you did an upgrade from a different version you should do a totaly clean install.

Thread Information