Thread: ZoneAlarm blocked access to port 139 on your computer

pegasusteam Guest

Default ZoneAlarm blocked access to port 139 on your computer

Every 15 seconds I'm getting a packet to port 139 and to port 455. I emailed 2wire about the packets since the dns source was gateway.2wire.... Their reply was that it was my gateway maintaining its connection to my computer.

How do I shutoff these alerts?

So far Zonealarm has blocked 260377 access attempts. (

Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Message Edited by pegasusteam on 07-20-2006 06:44 PM

ai_tak Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm blocked access to port 139 on your computer

Seems odd that your router would be trying to make a netbios connection to your computer,will theygive any reasoning why your router would want to connect to the file and printer sharing (which is likely disabled)aspect of your computer?

pegasusteam Guest

Here's the email back from support:

Thank you for contacting 2Wire Customer Support. The following is intended to answer your inquiry:

That is simply the HomePortal maintaining its connection to you by sending small amounts of data to keep the connection alive. This is exactly what it is suppose to do. Your software firewall does not know that the connection is coming from a router and is falsely identifying it as an attack. Please disregard all messages concerning the 2Wire Gateway.

Meanwhile my zonealarm log is getting huge in size. Your firewall has blocked 271735 attempts

ai_tak Guest

That's a pretty bad way of keeping the connection alive (is this even necessary? most connections are normally fine) a ping or even a ping reply would have been just as effective. But trying to make a windows specific printer and file sharing connection is just weird.

Thread Information