Thread: Zlclient.exe Connecting to Dubious Sites

toofew Guest

Default Zlclient.exe Connecting to Dubious Sites

My daughter began complaining about her PC slowing down so I made my monthly pilgrimage upstairs to clean up the crudware she invariably picks up. Strangely enough, Trend, Spybot, MS Defender & Ad-aware all found nothing. So I dug a bit deeper using Rootkit Revealer from Sysinternals. Again, nothing. I then looked at the ZA logs and in the Programs logs, found that C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\Zone Alarm\zlclient.exe was connecting to these DNS's: quizilla.com, twx.doubleclick.net & go.hotmail.aate. I looked a bit further and found another couple of instances were zlclient.exe (no path) had attempted to connect to wiki.tcl.tk-those were blocked.

Anyone have any ideas? I wanted to run this by experts before I uninstall ZA and do a clean install in case anyone wanted a file. My own machine shows no instances were the zlclient has tried to connect to anything but Zone Labs for update information.

Thanks in advance,

Billy

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

ai_tak Guest

Default Re: Zlclient.exe Connecting to Dubious Sites

Check and make sure that the computer's dns servers have not been reconfigured from being set to you ISP's DNS servers or your router's.

Thread Information