Thread: program xyz is trying to communicate with aoldial.exe using windows messages

kurtatwork Guest

Default program xyz is trying to communicate with aoldial.exe using windows messages

I've seen another thread on this with no resolution posted. So I wanted to make sure this message was a separate thread with a subject that more accurately reflects the alert message thats causing so much grief (for me at least).It seems like just about every application that I open wants to use windows messages to communicate with AOLDial.exe, which pops an alert from ZA-pro. Its incredibly annoying and responding with the "allow" option and "remember this setting" doesnt seem to stop the same message from recurring over and over for the same app.HELP!?!?!?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

tjexpose Guest

Default Re: program xyz is trying to communicate with aoldial.exe using windows messages

OK..This post is over two weeks old and I have the same problem. No replies at all?As President Bush once said, "How many prisoners does a man have to execute to geta drink around here?"Hey, I am a paid up victim of ZoneAlarm Pro...is there a place to get an answer to this gentleman's question or am I an *****?Thanks,SteveTJEXPOSE@AOL.com

chuckwirth Guest

Default Re: program xyz is trying to communicate with aoldial.exe using windows messages

I just want to add my voice to this issue. I have NOT been able to get any resolution to this VERY IRRITATING problem. Does anyone else have any luck in getting rid of there messages?

aguden Guest

Did you ever get to the bottom of the problem with AOLDIAL.exe? I had it for a while and it mysteriously disapeared and then I did a system restore and it seems to have come back....

Al

chuckwirth Guest

I never did get a resolution. It became so frustrating that I have stopped using Zone Alarm all together and am relying on the Windows firewall.

boinlv Guest

I ran msconfig, and unchecked the aoldial.exe box under the startup tab. No more messages, no discernible change in AOL, IE or other function! Hope this helps.

Thread Information