Thread: Redundant Zone Alarm Alerts

Hybrid View

jakeplatt Guest

Default Redundant Zone Alarm Alerts

Day after day after day I get the same alerts that ZA sems not able to learn to allow in the future: Adobe Photoshop, Norton, Webroot. I get 8-12 daily on the same programs for the same reasons and I continue to tell ZA to remember this in the future.......any help would be appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Redundant Zone Alarm Alerts

It could be your Smart Defense Advisor. If you set SmartDefense Advisor to Auto and there is no advice available for a program,Zone Labs security software displays a Program alert prompting you to allow or deny access to the program. If you select Remember this setting when responding to such a Program alert, Zone Labs security software keeps your setting unless SmartDefense Advisor comes out with a different setting, or until you change the setting manually in the Programs tab.

However, with the programs you mentioned, I tend to believe your Zone Alarm Pro database is corrupt and needs to be reset.
    Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

jakeplatt Guest

Default Re: Redundant Zone Alarm Alerts

I ALWAYS tell ZA to "remember this setting"

I'm going to try your suggestion now.....thanks in advance. If you don't hear from me within 2-3- months you'll know Rod Serling got me!

Thread Information