Thread: Why do I keep getting Repeat and Changed Programs?

old_navy Guest

Default Why do I keep getting Repeat and Changed Programs?

I am getting extremely angry with Zone Labs and my blasted Zone Alarm Pro v 5.1.001.000. I am constanly getting Repeat Program and Changed Program verification messages and some of them actually have the Remember This box still checked! Also I will get both of these @#(& messages when the supposedly offending program is RUNNING. Heaven forbid I should restart my computer.You know, I paid for my Zone Alarm Pro and have paid to get my upgrades/updates. So now Zone Labs has decided that they are just too %^#ned important to provide a tech support. Or have they just deicided that the people that purchase this program are too lowly to communicate with. Well, it is quite possible that this low life will move to someone that cares about it's customers. It also use to be that when the program downloaded new signatures, or what ever they are called, it would also download upgrades to the program. I really hate it when companies decide to run their company's by greed.No offense to you guys, but you are NOT technicians.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.x

billc Guest

Default Re: Why do I keep getting Repeat and Changed Programs?

Try resetting your Zone Alarm Pro database and see if that will fix the problem. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

old_navy Guest

Neither of the files you mentioned are in my C:\windows\internet logs folder.

I did renew my Zone Alarm and it downloaded an upgrade to version 6.5.722, that seemed to take care of the problem, either that it was because I went in and took every program out of "Quarantine"but now, EVERYTIME I restart mymachine, the P.O.S. program gives me a "found new network" window. It also stops about 80% of access to the Internet. I just installed MindSpring and it couldn't get onto the Net, my Incredimail could not access mail and a few other programs gave me messages that they couldn't access the Internet and for me to check my connection. Well, I was getting on through my browsers, (I have IE 6.0, Flock, and Maxthon) with no problems, so I figured everything was OK. As soon as I shutdown Zone Alarm everything started working like they were supposed to.

Any ideas for a good Firewall?

billc Guest

I was thinking the reason you are having the problems is because the information stored in the Zone Alarm files is corrupt. I don't know how you can have Zone Alarm installed and not have those two files in your Internet Logs folder. Zone Alarm will re-create the files if they are deleted which will rest your database giving you the chance to set permissions as you want them.

Thread Information