Thread: How do I get rid of "expiration notification"?

Hybrid View

lostribe Guest

Default How do I get rid of "expiration notification"?

I would renew my subscription IF ZA had a version that was working right, but until then, I am trying to run my old version and now every time I boot up, I get an annoying popup screen telling me to either renew or be reminded later -- hey, don't you think once is enough for most people? Do we really have to get pushy? Please tell me how to turn that off. I've looked everywhere I know to look for it. If I can't turn it off, I'll have no choice but to uninstall and change firewall brands. I've waited months thinking surely ZA would get their huge problems fixed -- or at least go back to a prior version. Sure wish someone would take care of that, but frankly, I'm about to give up because it's been many months now....

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.x

billc Guest

Default Re: How do I get rid of "expiration notification"?

Sorry but I do not know a way to turn off the reminder screen. The good news is that it will stop on its own after a period of time and not bother you again.

lostribe Guest

Thanks. Any idea how long? Week, month?

billc Guest

Probably between a week and a month. I've never been told but I know it is less than a month because a 'renewal' at the 'renewal' rate is not available after a month. If you wait more than a month, you have to pay the full price for a new firewall.

lostribe Guest

FYI, I guess it stayed on for a week or 10 days. Certainly wasn't a month - thank God!@!

fladude Guest

Well it went away but now it is back... quite annoying... options are renew or remind later, I have to hit renew (I sure don't want reminde later)
    and once do ZA Pro graphic interface loads and I cancel loading of the renewal website..

This speaks alot about their coding... if they cannot have the program simply check the current license but must have saved the old ones info somewhere and so it sees that expired... then after I act on the notice it loads the interface which loads the 2nd, new license and all works.. it is utter ridiculous.

When one inserts a new license the old ones info should be deleted or written over by that action!

It should have expunged the old license info...

Not kept somewhere the old ones info... the annoyance is it (notice) occurs on each and every bootup including restarts...

I'm not sure after years out I'll renew, I may end up removing ZAP and going full McAfees with its full suite including its Firewall
    or switch to another, unless ZA gets its act together..

They are probably in violation of express and implied warrantys of fitness which by law are imposed and they cannot refut...but
    to sue would cost... too bad I'm not a "Bill Gates"... but If I were I would just buy the company and then fire every **bleep** ***** responsiable smirk....

Anyone else have it start up again?

fladude Guest

Does thar go for Expiration /renewal notices which I'm getting never mind I recently renewed and put in new license key and its registered and says 366 days left... Put new one in a bit before old one expired... and only now starting get expire notices...perhaps cause old license is expirimg soon but I'm using a NEW license so I think its a bug that they should fix... if new license is in and registered and its good the startup should NOT be
    poping up anti-spyware is expiring etc..

billc Guest

You're right, it should not continue to give you the notice. You did say that your new license was properly installed and shows you with a year remaining? If that is the case, I'd just ignore the reminder until it goes away. The other possible solution is to completely uninstall then reinstall Zone Alarm.

fladude Guest

I wonder if its was because I installed the new renewal license while old was still good, so the expire notice is coming up on the old license despite new one in force and registered...

If so it speaks ill for their coding in how license is handled... Thei in essence going to annoy me about an old expired license never mind I renewed...

Otherwise its working except that notice popping up on startup.

Thread Information