Thread: unknown IPs

ambrs Guest

Default unknown IPs

I got an alert that said "Zone Labs Client wants to accept connections from the Internet or your local network" with the recommendation to deny. The alert referenced this page: http://pralerts.zonelabs.com/pranaly...p;tab=overview
    I thought this was strange and would appreciate some assurance as to exactly what it means.Also, and of more concern, does anyone have information on the following ip addresses?panda.sul.com.br 200.219.150.4tiger.sul.com.br 200.219.150.5
    I do not know what they are, but according to my logs they attempt to connect to my browser (avant.exe) and also to svchost.exe. When I tried blocking them in Firewall - Zones, I was unable to connect to the internet at all. I am currently located in the United States, but have spent the bulk of the past year in Brazil, using a Brazilian ISP. I find it curious that these addresses have a Brazilian origin.
    Thanks. My current configuration:ZoneAlarm Pro version 6.5.722.000
    TrueVector security engine version 6.5.722.000
    Driver version 6.5.722.000
    Anti-spyware engine version 5.0.36.DAT file version 01.200608.315Windows XP Pro SP2Currently operating on a home network with a LinkSys WRT54G router (it is a wireless, encrypted, but I am hard-wired into the network).

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: unknown IPs

Hi, Welcome to the Forum! IP Address Services

http://www.iana.org/ipaddress/ip-addresses.htm
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

ambrs Guest

Okay. I got some info w/ names, etc. What do I do about it?And can you tell me what might be going on that my browser cannot connect to any sites if these IPs are blocked?Thanks.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,

Well I'd try resetting the ZA database and let it "discover" the connections anew. You'll lose your settings but I think this might do the trick. It will bring the firewall back to the point as if it were a fresh installation.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4. Reboot into the normal mode.

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

zaswing Guest

No arguing with THE Guru, but the first one is legitimate. If you click for more info about an alert you need to go to the "prealerts" section of ZA to see detailed descriptions. Allow it when it occurs AND when you want to see more information. Deny otherwise, but I would not block it permanently. It's a handy feature.The panda one looks like download server for Panda software which this user may have on top of ZAPro. May not be I haven't checked whois site.
    :

Thread Information