Thread: VSinit error but certificate fix is of no use in my case

rjinsafemode Guest

Default VSinit error but certificate fix is of no use in my case

My problem is that ZA was totally removed beforehand so the certifcate fix won't work in fixing the error issue. I almost never anhillate software as like this unless there is is no other resolve. I wish I made it to the forums earlier but I wasn't thinking at the time, if I did I think I could had been saved.

I started getting the error after a windows update which actually hosed a few of my security programs along with part of my system. :-( Everything else is fixed up now except ZA.

I have no traces of ZA on my system at all and I cannot reinstall. I'm currently exposed. Is there anything I can do before I would need to reformat that would forever remove this error? I don't know of anything else to do to get rid of the error except by reformatting.

Thanks for any help anyone would have.

RJ

Operating System:Windows 98-SE (Second Edition)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.1

rjinsafemode Guest

Default Re: VSinit error but certificate fix is of no use in my case

Correction. I'm using the last version of ZA that is compatible with 98 but it was the trial version and not the free one. I had the free one but I had to redo my system over so the final appears to be the pro trial version.

flyyourway Guest

Sorry I'm a bit confused now,with your last post,have you rectified the problem?Or are you still getting error messages on install of ZA?

rjinsafemode Guest

Hi Fly

Sorry about that. On the ZA description I had put "using free ZA" but I was running the trial version.

I'm still not able to reinstall ZA. I tried to see if I could try to reinstall ZA in safe mode but I have a usb keyboard and mouse. I enabled legacy usb drivers through bios setting but it didn't seem to take.

flyyourway Guest

You may need to manually uninstall all traces of ZA ro rectify the problem you can do that by Clicking Me this should remove all traces and you should be able to reinstall ZA,if that still doesnt work let us know.

rjinsafemode Guest

Thanks Fly

I went to redownload the ZA version and I didn't get an error at all on opening the install file :-) Why didn't I think of doing that in the first place, lol.

Thread Information