Thread: Zone Email protection

ksheehansprint Guest

Default Zone Email protection

I am running Windows XP, along with Microsoft Outlook 2003. I have set everything up correctly, as far as I know, I can not get the Zone Labs Tool Bar to show up on Microsoft Outlook. It works on my other computers, but for some reason I can't find how to get it to run on this machine. I noticed on my wife's computer when you start Outlook, A Zone Labs program will run, then Outlook will start with the tool bar. Help.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

muffincharizard Guest

Default Re: Zone Email protection

First login as an administrator. You can see which users have administrator rights in user accounts in the control panel. After loggin in, run regedit (start > run... type in regedit and press OK) and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zone Labs . Right click on the "ZoneLabs" folder and select permissions, then down below select the advanced button. If the user with the problem is listed there, double click the name and put a check for the row "full control" and the column "Allow". If the user is not listed there, click the "add..." button and enter the username, or you can add "EVERYONE" and give that newly added entry full permissions. Once that is doen, click OK, OK again and close regedit. Restart the computer. The spamfilter options should now be available for use in the limited user account. You may have to turn it on in OE the same way you normally would.

Thread Information