Thread: Meaningful Warnings (?)

wotan Guest

Default Meaningful Warnings (?)

First of all I have to state that I am using ZoneLabs in the German language. I have looked for other users having similar problems in this forum and found nothing really fitting my situation, so maybe all the warnings are quite helpful in English and only the German translation is poor.
    My problem is, that I simply do not understand the German words in these warnings. I am not talking about smaller grammatical glitches which I could tolerate, but often I just cannot make head and tail of the text. Since they are "only" warnings, so far I just shrugged my shoulders, but that is often dangerous in security.
    If I retranslate one example it would say:
    Messenger was temporarily blocked by a connection produced, to the internet (65.54.183.xxx.HTTPS) which already seems to make a bit more sense than the original "Messenger wurde tempor r blockiert von eine Verbindung hergestellt hat, um, das Internet (65....)."
    I have two explanations:
    a) translating the texts properly would be too difficult and expensive (use ZoneLab in the English version instead)
    b) something went wrong with my installation and can be rectified

Please let me know if you think I should reinstall in English.
    Please let me know if I have made a mistake in my installation.

Thank you very much

Mit freundlichen Gr en
    Wotan

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

muffincharizard Guest

Default Re: Meaningful Warnings (?)

Maybe they just hired a bad translator? You're the first person to report that the german translations are bad, but that might just be because the written language here in the forum is primarily English. You can submit a request that ZoneLabs look over their translations using this form if you want.

Hi
    The translation seems correct, take into account that German and English grammar are often the very opposite.

For the English Zone Alarm free

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html

If the Windows OS is in German, there maybe a conflict issue.

Auf Weidersehen und vielen Danken fur lhrer BeGrussen!

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

wotan Guest

Allow me to disagree. If a native speaker of a language is not able to understand the wording (not the technical content) of a translation, I would not call that a correct translation. If just word by word was replaced with the equivalent in the other language that could not be called a translating process (though in my case it would have made things easier because than by 'back-translating' I could have guessed easier).

Anyway thanks a lot for very quick answers. From those contributions I conclude that the messages in English are ok and I will reconsider a new Installation of ZoneAlarm in English.

Mit herzlichem Dank
    Wotan

Thread Information