Thread: warning popup

johnswood Guest

Default warning popup

can anyone tell me what mcsync.exe is? zone alarm keeps poping up ans asking me to give it permission but I dont know what it is and I cant find any info on it anywhere!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: warning popup

Do you have Microsoft Money installed?Found reference to mcsync.dll - which is part of Microsoft Money V10.

korgman Guest

I get the same with xp pro and do not have ms money installed.

johnswood Guest

I found that one too but no I do not have Money installed on this computer, never have

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: warning pop-up

Can you trace the .exe and see were it is installed,then right click on it choosing properties and see who the Author is?If you don't have MS Money Installed it might be some sort of Nefarious program.Get back to me and let me know were exactly it is originating from what file folder.

korgman Guest

I just did a file search and it is part of Mcafee AV(program files/mcafee/msc.) I don't know why I didn't think to do that before. Thank you.

flyyourway Guest

Cool it then looks like it might be part of a legit program,thanks for letting us know,thus also why nothing can be found about it in Google or other search engines.

darnellgd Guest

If you have not already figured this out, mcsync.exe is McAfee antivirus software trying to sync. It is OK.

cert_tech Guest

I Realize that this thread is a bit old; however the mcsync.exe is still with us. Anyone using ZA products (e.g.,ZA Security Suite, the free ver. of Zone Alarm, etc.,) and has decided to install the free
    McAfee Site Advisor or the bought version as well, the
    annoyance will continue.If anyone is still interested re this issue,let me or
    Jerusalem
    know. I will be happy to run the respondent through a little configuration of the culprit.

Shalom
    Jerusalem- I wanted to let you know that
    Microsoft Money V10.is not the problem; moreover, ZA and Money runs well together.

C.T.

Thread Information