Thread: Windows Security Misidentifies Firewall

shaftsbury Guest

Default Windows Security Misidentifies Firewall

I believe Windows Security Center is misidentifying my firewall. According to the firewall info on Windows Security Center, I am running an F-Secure firewall. I briefly uninstalled ZoneAlarm Pro to test other products. I did install F-Secure Suite (trial) and after an installation problem, I uninstalled after numerous problems getting rid of it. Finally, in order to insure that it was off my system, I used regedit to remove all references to F-Secure. Before that, the F-Secure program kept reappearing on my computer--even after I used F-Secure's removal tool. It appears to finally be gone. However, with ZoneAlarm installed and showing "all systems active," windows still thinks I am running F-Secure. I do believe I have removed all traces of F-Secure from the registry. I also cleaned up the registry with cc cleaner and RegSupreme after I deleted F-Secure. From everything I see, ZoneAlarm is functioning properly, but I still have a concern that something is wrong due to Windows Security Center continuing to identify my current firewall as F-Secure. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Default Re: Windows Security Misidentifies Firewall

There may be left over traces somewhere in your registry. Try turning the Windows firewall on and off and see if that corrects the problem. Please see this link that I posted below for more info on how the Windows Security Center determines what antivirus and firewall users have installed. I hope this helps.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883792

Thread Information