Thread: laptop standy/hibernate problems w/ ZA

zshebear Guest

Default laptop standy/hibernate problems w/ ZA

I posted this message in the "help w/ configure Zone Alarm" section but had no help - anyone have any ideas? I've had ZA on my desktop for eons, but now that I have a laptop I'm lost. When I try to get my laptop out of "standby" or hibernate, ZoneAlarm Sec.Suite won't let it come out of standby mode.I'm running Windows XP Pro on an Acer that has all sorts of power management etc. If I want to let it hibernate, & then turn it back on, I can only get it to work by closing down ZA first, before I close the lid - kind of pointless. Otherwise, I have to shut it down completely, it then wants to run a check disk when I turn it back on. There's probably an easy fix, but I'm clueless as to where to even look anymore. Please help!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product
    Software Version:

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: laptop standy/hibernate problems w/ ZA

Hi zshebearI'm not sure this will fix the problem but at least it may worth to try. First add the ip's of he DHCP and the DNSservers to the trusted zone of ZA. Follow this link <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=23056#M23056 <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">You may have to try another thing that is go to tab firewall main and in Internet Zone Security click custom. Than in the box check 'allow outgoing DHCP/DNS'. Now, right click over the local network icon in system tray and choose state.In tab main at the bottom click properties and in the new window tab general at the top click configurate. A new window must open where there must exist a tab energy management. Open that tab and it must have a check box 'allow the computer to shutt off this device to save energy' . If it is checked uncheck it. See if that solves the problem. If not I'm afraid we need the technical support.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Best regards

zshebear Guest

Thank You!!!!! I didn't have a clue where to look anymore - I'll try your suggestions &amp; will post how things worked out. Made my day!

ad_hock Guest

You're welcome zshebear but I'm afraid it's soon yet toclaim victory. What I proposed has solved the problem in some cases but not all of them. Try and let's hope that it works in your case.Best regards

Thread Information