Thread: Error Message RE: DLL Library when installing zass updates

runaround Guest

Default Error Message RE: DLL Library when installing zass updates

After installing 2 recent updates, zaSuiteSetup_65_722_000_en and zaSuiteSetup_65_714_000_en, in each instance a pop up box showed the following error: "Could not load the DLL Library C:\DOCUME~1\UNKNOW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\vsutil.dll (VSSetProtection) The specifice procedure could not be found"What does this mean and do I care?Thanks in advance information you can share with me.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Error Message RE: DLL Library when installing zass updates

Hi,

PLEASE make sure your system clock is set correctly. Are you using any type of "Web Download Accelerators"? If you are, PLEASE turn them off, as they will cause problems downloading with Zone Alarm.

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

runaround Guest

My clock is set correctly. And I don't know what a"Web Download Accelerators" . I have not installed any software that I knew was an "Accelerator", would this software be associated with any other programs or software?Thanks so much for your help -I'm being driven 'nuts' by ZASS! If it isn't the scan hanging up or ZASS not responding it something else. How can this be so hard?

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,

PLEASE update all your Root Certificates on your computer. Many times the root certificates are out of date and Zone Alarm will not install. This service is FREE from Verisign. PLEASE follow these instructions. Open Your browser and navigate to the following URL. Once at the web page follow the directions to reset your root certificates.
    https://getca.verisign.com/

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

sneer Guest

hi, similar problem.
    in free ZA version i need to allow an internet access for last firefox update, but ZA tray icon is lost so i am not able to right click nor shutdown ZA. so i downloaded zlsSetup_65_731_000_en.exe to reinstall ZA and - as i hoped - bypass this problem.
    but ZA installation process says: could not load dll library and the game is over.

windows XP professional
    avg + avast antiviruses running

any advice?

thx, michal

ai_tak Guest

You have two anti-virus programs running at the same time?

sneer Guest

yes i do. belt and braces
    but i do not think that 2 antiviruses did the trouble. previous builds of ZA had no trouble with it and so the current one, because version 65_737_000 is ok again and there are no problems with DLL library during installation process.

mike

ai_tak Guest

<DIV align=left>More than one anti-virus means that the chances of conflicts (possible un-noticed until now) are at an extremely high level, I don't recommend using more than one at a time.
    <DIV align=left>Use the instructions at the link below to completely remove ZA, then reinstall ZA (you may want to download and save a copy of the installer you want to install with before you start) http://nh2.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...ninstalNT.html

Message Edited by Ai_Tak on 09-07-2006 07:02 PM

Thread Information