Thread: No Logs

Hybrid View

surfs_up Guest

Default No Logs

Event logging is enabled but all are empty. Ran firewall test at ShieldsUP, passed but should have generated errors in log.

Xp Pro
    ZA Pro 6.5.737.000

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

fedupwithjunk Guest

Default Re: No Logs

I too get no logs, ever since I changed from a dial up connect to wireless router
    I put the routers IP in the trusted zone and have a firewall on the router (hence, I guess,
    no logs in ZAF)
    ZAF 6.5.731.000

billc Guest

Correct. If you are using a router or even a modem that does NAT, you will not see incoming intrusion blocks being logged because said intrusion attempts are blocked by the other hardware.

surfs_up Guest

Thanks, figured that but it doesn't help. My isp supplied modem, speedstream 5200 is capable of connecting using xp connection manager (obtain ip from isp) or having the modem connect for you but they have diabled the firewall, hence no logs to look at. It does occur to me though that the purpose of have a software firewall with a router defeated. I realize that with the router ZA still functions but would be nice to check effectivness of router. Most importantly cannot view apps that have tried to access internet or any other logs.

Seems to me needs to be fixed.

Just my thoughts.

billc Guest

Actually you should still see logging on applications that try to access the internet if logging is turned on. It is only incoming intrusion attempts that will not be logged.

surfs_up Guest

Thought I would try again to see if I can figure this out. Event logging on and program logging set to high but all logs are empty. Any ideas?

Thread Information