Thread: Anyone testing Windows Vista RC1 with ZoneAlarm Security Suite?

coffeecoco Guest

Default Anyone testing Windows Vista RC1 with ZoneAlarm Security Suite?

I have been keeping up with the news about the Windows Vista RC1 due out soon. From past experience I know better than to use a beta-version of the software application on my main system. I just finished reading an article about software developers complaining that Microsoft is slow to release information to developers about their applications operating with the updated operating system. Some feel Microsoft is being uncooperative because Microsoft want users to use their program, Defender. I was wondering is any experienced computer user testing the
    Windows Vista RC1 with the current version of ZoneAlarm Security Suite? I would like to know your comments, suggestions, or opinions.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Anyone testing Windows Vista RC1 with ZoneAlarm Security Suite?

Current version is 32-bit and works only with Windows 2000 and XP (support for 98/ME dropped).No support for any 64-bit Windows OS.

samcoco Guest

I've just finished loading RC1 and I can't even get ZL or MOST other apps (DAP, Printshop Pro, Punch, HP scanners & printers, etc) to load - let alone test!

coffeecoco Guest

Thanks for the information. I had read an interesting article by one of the many news technical journalists writing articles on Windows Vista in several leading computer magazine and reviews from leadings newspapers. Just earlier this week, I read the several 3rd party software developing companies were complaining the Microsoft was being uncooperative in getting the code to them so they would make their products compatible with the new operating system. For that reason alone, I didn't download and install Vista. At one time I had downloaded and installed Internet Explorer 7. It worked fine for 3 days, then I started having problems. I call Microsoft Technical support for the IE 7, explained the problem, which they were aware of, and was told to uninstall the IE 7. I didn't have any problems with the uninstalling and now my IE 6 works just fine. Since the release of the updated IE7, I have not downloaded or installed it, but I understand the update is much better. I have been using the Microsoft Office 2007 beta 2 version and have not encountered any major problems. I've only encountered two minor incoveniences, but after going on the Beta Community Newgroup, I found my answer and the conveniences are not fixed. So until more information is released from ZoneAlarm about the Security Suite and Vista, I will not be using Vista. I like my ZoneAlarm Security Suite too much.

coffeecoco Guest

Thank you for the information. I had already read some information about the older Windows Operating version, which didn't apply to me. At the moment, I'm not planning on downloading and installing Vista until the I know it is compatible with my ZoneAlarm Security Suite. I like ZoneAlarms too much.

stankay Guest

You may wish to note that I have just run the Windows Vista Upgrade Adviser and it tells me that my ZoneAlarm Security Suite may not work as expected. I tried it with my RC2 copy of Vista and, unfortunately, it does not work.

We can only hpe that ZoneAlarm creates a workable patch

stankay Guest

Vista Business and Vista Ultimate were released to the business market place several weeks ago and Zone Alarm works with neither. If a compatible product is not released soon then either businesses will discover that Vista does not require extra security (something already hinted at by Microsoft) or business will move to a rival that has a compatible product - either way, Zone Alarm will lose business!!

Message Edited by stankay on 12-20-200607:25 PM

Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

samcoco Guest

I couldn't agree more!!
    I am a Sr UNIX admin for the Gov't and I have my own little consutling Org on the side.
    I have been using and reccommendating ZL for a very long time to
    all clients.
    As a VISTA Beta/RC# tester I have been keeping a very close eye on ZL and compatability.
    I even volunteered to help them (ZoneLabs) configure and test - but got no response at all!!
    Not enen an acknowledgement of my offer.
    While testing VISTA -
    MS offered (asked) me to test OneCare for them.
    And although it isn't as robust as ZL - it does work.
    And it has a couple of features I would suggest ZL looks into.
    Now that the testing is over - I am receiveing a full version of the released VISTA & a full subscription of the OneCare release.
    If ZL doesn't release something soon - or at least communicate with us - I and all of my clients will be forced to go the full MS route.
    ZL is putting a large amount of their customer base at risk and I con't figure out WHY?!

coffeecoco Guest

Thank you ever so much for your reply.
    I did not download the Vista RC1 because I could not get any clear evaluations or comments.
    Now that Vista has been released for Businesses, I am anxious awaiting critiques from friends of mine who just bought or just installed Vista.
    It is a shame your offer was not responded to by ZoneAlarm.
    Since I have been using the ZoneAlarm Security Suite, the company's application has not let me down.
    I would hate to have to make a change because someone failed to respond to one or more customer's inquiries.
    I sincerely hope ZoneAlarm values it's customers.
    Otherwise, there will be a mass exodus.

Hopefully, this will not happen and ZoneAlarm will continue to produce this fine product and be more care and intuitive of customer inquiries.
    No business has the right to feel the can take their customer base for granted.

Thread Information