Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm loads at windows startup - Windows Security Alerts inform that Firewall is disabled

wetabax Guest

Default ZoneAlarm loads at windows startup - Windows Security Alerts inform that Firewall is disabled

Hi, fellows. Please, a light!For some reason, from one day to the other, without changing anything, except install Acronis Backup System, when I start Windows XP 2nd Edition Professional, the Windows Red Shield appears informing that I don't have a Firewall enabled.Firewall is working properly (ZoneAlarm is opened and monitoring system) - Windows Firewall is disabled, and I don't know why this windows alert begins to appear without any reason.see image:Just in case if someone want to see the image in beter resolution, link below:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2262/...8cc0b490_o.gif
    What can I do?thanks for any help.regardswalter tabaxsao paulo -spbr.

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Software Version: 7.0
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm (Free)

Message Edited by wetabax on 03-30-2008 01:36 PM

fdispensiere Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm loads at windows startup - Windows Security Alerts inform that Firewall is disabled

I just installed the ZASS latest update - 7.0.470.000. Windows Security Alert says my ZA firewall is disabled also. But it is on and working. Anybody know how to correct the bogus Windows alert? Thanks.

fdispensiere Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm loads at windows startup - Windows Security Alerts inform that Firewall is disabled

I had the same problem and found an easy fix. Right-click the ZASS icon in your system tray and restore ZASS Control Center. Click on the firewall tab on the left side of the window. Note where your Internet and Trusted Zone sliders are located. Drag them both down to full bottom - turning off firewall. Exit the Control Center window. Then right-click the ZASS icon again, open the Control Center, and put the firewall sliders where you want them for protection. Exit the Control Center. When I did this the Windows Security Alert telling me the firewall was off disappeared and has not returned. That's it - worked for me. Good luck.

spgcons Guest

I too have just downloaded 7.0.470.000 and had the same problem with both firewall and antivirus.
    ZA says they are both on and the Windows alert continues to say they are both off.
    I have Windows XP pro, sp2.

nitelite Guest

Default **Re: ZoneAlarm loads at windows startup - Windows Security Alerts inform that Firewall is disabled

I am running ZASS on Vista. I had the same problem with the Security Alert after installing the newest ZASS for Vista. I tried your suggestion and it worked for me. Thank you for posting your solution.

dwolver Guest

Windows XPThis solution worked for me too.

dollyeyes Guest

<blockquote><hr>fdispensiere wrote:
    I had the same problem and found an easy fix. Right-click the ZASS icon in your system tray and restore ZASS Control Center. Click on the firewall tab on the left side of the window. Note where your Internet and Trusted Zone sliders are located. Drag them both down to full bottom - turning off firewall. Exit the Control Center window. Then right-click the ZASS icon again, open the Control Center, and put the firewall sliders where you want them for protection. Exit the Control Center. When I did this the Windows Security Alert telling me the firewall was off disappeared and has not returned. That's it - worked for me. Good luck.
    <hr></blockquote>

Hi

Ive done all of the above that you suggested as I too had the same problem with Windows telling me that my ZA firewall was not on when it was. This worked straight away but then this morning when I switched my computer on, I get the same windows warning and my ZA firewall is saying its on. I also got an Invalid Default Icon warning on CCleaner which it doesnt seem to be able to correct as I have asked it about 4 times now to fix it. The default warning refers to ZA Mailsafe its telling me. I have the free version of ZA could this be the reason why Im having problems?

Im relatively new to computing so am not sure what to do. I do not want to have to keep altering the sliders everytime I switch my computer on in order to get rid of the incorrect windows securtiy alert. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

jdoliver Guest

I also got an Invalid Default Icon warning on CCleaner which it doesnt seem to be able to correct as I have asked it about 4 times now to fix it. The default warning refers to ZA Mailsafe its telling me.
    I've been getting that warning for over a year with various versions of ZA and CCleaner. Ignore it. It does no harm.

dollyeyes Guest

Thank you for your reply..appreciate it. Still puzzles me why its happening though - does it not annoy you? Its good to know that its not me not doing something correctly so Im relieved about that!

Hi!its not an error, its by design and if removed it will be re-created at boot...Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information