Thread: M/S word launching navw32.exe

billcote Guest

Default M/S word launching navw32.exe

For the last couple weeks I've seen the following on my computer. I am up to snuff on Windows Updates and Norton Anti-Virus definitions. I am running WinXP Pro SP2, Sony laptop,M/S Office 2003 and this occursevery time duringOutlook start-up.Microsoft Office Word is trying to launch C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON SYSTEMWORKS\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\NAVW32.EXE, or use another program to gain access to privileged resources.Application: WINWORD.EXEAllow DenyDoes anyone have any ideas on this or have you seen it also.Thanks in advance, Bill

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: M/S word launching navw32.exe

Norton AV installs a plugin into MS Office Applications to allow it to scan documents for viruses or potentially harmful macros. When opening documents using any of MS Office Programs, the plugin will launch the Norton engine to run the scan. That is why you are seeing this alert of ZA's OSFirewall. This is normal and safe, and therefore you should allow it permission so that your documents can get scanned for potential malware.

doramon Guest

Thanks, but I don't have the option for anything. I did go into the acceptance screen and clicked to say Win32 could have access. What else should I do?

klate Guest

but should you tick the checkbox that says 'Apply this setting to all suspicious behaviors exhibited by this app'
    because then that is saying
    anything word does with another program (ex: trojan) it will allow it..? right?

klate Guest

but should you tick the checkbox that says 'Apply this setting to all suspicious behaviors exhibited by this app'
    because then that is saying
    anything word does with another program (ex: trojan) it will allow it..? right?

Thread Information